Digital Pre Selection Procedure
ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PRE-SELECTION
Mall Galleries now operate an online registration and two-stage digital PRE-SELECTION process for member society open exhibitions. This process allows you to register online and to upload a digital image of each submission onto a dedicated web page.
Our selectors will then make an initial assessment of each work based on the online digital image you have uploaded. You do not need to hand in any work at this stage. Work that passes this initial assessment is pre-selected and will be invited in to the Mall Galleries for judging by members of the selection committee.
This new process means that artists entering the open competition will no longer have to bear the costs of transporting works into central London - unless their work passes pre-selection. We hope digital pre-selection will encourage more artists from different parts of the UK to submit their work.
For the 2017 Pastel Society exhibition:
• Pre-Submission opens on Monday 1st August 2016, 12 noon
• Pre-Submission closes on Friday 4th November 2016, 12 noon
• Log in for results of Pre-Submission on Friday 11th November. 12 noon
to see if your work has been pre-selected
• If pre-selected, please deliver your work on the Receiving day.
• Receiving Day Saturday 7th January 2017. 10am - 5pm.
• Selection Monday 9th January 2017.
• Notification of acceptance posted on
on Tuesday 10th January 2017 12 noon.
• Collection of unaccepted work Thursday 12th January 10am - 5pm
• Private View Monday 20th February 2pm - 8pm
• Open to the public Tuesday 21st February. 10am to 5pm
• Exhibition closes Saturday 4th March 3pm.
• Collection of unsold work Thursday 9th March 10am-5pm.
How do I register?
Online registration is straightforward:
• Go to www.mallgalleries.org.uk/pastel and proceed to our registration system.
• Enter your personal details on the online registration form.
• When completing this form you will be asked to confirm you have read and agreed our exhibition rules.
• You will also be asked to choose unique artist login details (your email address and your choice of password), which you will need each time you log-in to this registration system, to complete the registration process and to check the results of pre-selection.
• Complete the online payment process using our secure online payment system. In the event of a problem, call 020 7930 6844 during normal business hours (Mon to Fri 10am – 5pm) and payment can be made by credit or debit card over the phone.
• Upload one image for each work (you may enter up to three images of each work to include detail shots but this is not mandatory).
• Image files may be JPG (recommended) or PNG at no more than 1MB in size.
• There should be no symbols (such as *'()?<>" etc.) in the filename of your image.
• The system will accept varying resolutions and image dimensions.
• Complete a final check of your information and confirm your registration. You will then receive confirmation by email.
How much does it cost to enter?
£15 per work (including VAT), which is non-refundable. Entrants who are under 35 years of age pay a reduced entry fee of £10 per work.
How will I be notified if my work has been pre-selected?
To check whether or not your work has been pre-selected, go to www.registrationmallgalleries.org.uk and login using your unique artist details from midday Friday 12th December 2014 and you will be informed whether or not your work(s) have been pre-selected. If a work has been pre-selected, print off TWO copies of the Registration Form and bring both copies with your works to 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on the Receiving Day.
Does pre-selection imply my work has been selected for the exhibition?
No, but it means that one or more of your works has attracted the attention of our selectors. If your work is pre-selected you will be invited to hand in the work, so it can be shown to our panel of selectors, who will then decide whether or not to select it for the exhibition.
If my work is pre-selected, where do I find labels?
Labels are available when you log-in using your unique artist login details (email address and password) at www.registrationmallgalleries.org.uk. You should print off and complete an online label for each pre-selected work in the usual way (your name, address, title of work, medium and price), before attaching it to the back of each pre-selected work.