Application for Membership of The Pastel Society
• Applicants would need to have submitted and shown a minimum of two works for two
consecutive years at the Pastel Society Annual Exhibition so that Members are aware of the
quality of their work.
• They would then be in a position to be considered for Membership the following year and
may contact the Membership Secretary and ask to be put forward as an Applicant for
(5 attempts may be made to obtain membership)
• They will then be asked to submit works for the next Annual Exhibition.
A portfolio of supporting works and sketch books to be displayed at the AGM of the current
year will be requested following Selection.
• Election is by a sealed majority vote of all members present at the AGM which takes place
at the close of the annual exhibition or during the Private View Day.
• The applicant will be informed in writing of the result of this vote.
• A fee of £25 is payable when a portfolio is requested.
• For any questions or queries please contact the Membership Secretary Brian Plummer.
Telephone: 020 8888 6122
• Members are entitled to show 5 works at the annual exhibition subject to the veto of the
Selection or Hanging Committee.
• Members must pay an annual subscription.
• It is expected that members will play a positive part in the maintenance and development
of the society.
• Members of The Pastel Society are expected to exhibit with the society on a regular